ARTIST ENTRANCE AT THE CONRAD: All dancers will enter The Conrad through the ARTIST ENTRANCE located at 7640 Bishops Ln, La Jolla, CA 92037. If you are not volunteering, you agree to sign your child in and drop them off. Please see map below for Artist Entrance details.
CALL TIMES: Your CALL TIME is the time you SHOW UP. NOT the time you perform. Please be ON TIME for your CALL TIME. Plan for traffic into La Jolla Village accordingly.
PERFORMANCE TICKETS: All SDAB families, friends thereof, and public patrons over the age of 2 must purchase tickets to watch any/all of the show.
1. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 MUST ARRIVE PERFORMANCE READY (HAIR IN A NEAT HIGH BUN AND STAGE MAKEUP MUST BE DONE PLEASE REFERENCE THE TUTORIALS PROVIDED ON SDAB.ORG > SPRING GALA > TUTORIALS) to every in-studio and theatre dress rehearsal and performance. Only hair or makeup touch-ups will be assisted by our backstage parent volunteers.
2. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 shall arrive to every in-studio and theatre dress rehearsal and performance already wearing their clean pink tights and comfortable street clothes or warmups. Dancers will change into their costumes at the studio/theatre in designated bathrooms or provided popup changing rooms. NO NEUTRAL LEOTARD UNDERGARMENTS will be worn under costumes, but if your dancer would prefer to arrive in one or their uniform leotard under their street clothes, that is OK.
3. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 MUST have plenty of water, and plenty of healthy food/snacks provided and packed by their parents or caregivers. There is ABSOLUTELY NO SHARING OF FOOD IN STRICT ALLIANCE WITH OUR ALLERGY POLICY. PLEASE PACK ENOUGH FOOD FOR A FULL DAY.
4. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 are highly encouraged to bring a small selection of their own quiet entertainment for periods of downtime backstage. (E.g. coloring books with colored pencils or crayons–NO MARKERS, reading books, sticker books, electronic devices including necessary charging equipment, etc.)
5. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 MUST have their own labeled bag of hair and makeup products for any touchups. ABSOLUTELY NO SHARING OF MAKEUP FOR BOTH ALLERGENIC AND HYGIENIC SAFETY.
6. ALL DANCERS in GUAM, PRE-BALLET, B1, B2, B3, B4 ARE REQUIRED to provide their OWN:
[ ] CLEAN BALLET PINK TIGHTS
[ ] CLEAN PINK LEOTARD (GUAM ONLY)
[ ] BLACK TUBE SOCKS (GUAM PARENTS ONLY)
[ ] CLEAN PINK CANVAS BALLET SLIPPERS
[ ] LABELED BAG OF MAKEUP PRODUCTS
__Full Coverage Foundation
__Red or Coral Lipliner
__Red or Coral MATTE Lipstick
__Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
__Waterproof Black Mascara
__Eyelash glue (B4, MERIT, ADVANCED ONLY)
__Extra false eyelashes (B4, MERIT, ADVANCED ONLY)
__Necessary Makeup Brushes
[ ] LABELED KIT OF HAIR PRODUCTS
__Personal Combing Brush and Smoothing Brush
__Clear Strong Hold Hair Gel or Hair Spray
__LOTS OF BOBBY PINS in your child’s hair tone
__Extra Hair Ties
__Extra Bun Nets in your child’s hair tone
__Optional Detangler or Water in Spray Bottle
[ ] DIAMOND STUD EARRINGS ONLY
(DIAMOND STUDS REQUIRED FOR B4/MERIT, OPTIONAL FOR GUAM-B3)
[ ] WATER, FOOD/SNACKS
[ ] QUIET ENTERTAINMENT (highly recommended)
[ ] SMALL FIRST AID KIT
[ ] COZY WARMUPS with a ZIP UP Hoodie/Sweater NOT PULLOVER
(POST-SHOW COULD BE CHILLY IN LA JOLLA)
As a reminder to our dancers and families, all costumes and costume accessories are provided by SDAB to each cast dancer at no additional cost. Many of these costumes hold legacy, are handmade, and are used year after year in our professional productions. It is a privilege to be part of this legacy, and our dancers are made aware to treat their costume with care and respect.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EATING IN COSTUME.
WATER IS PERMITTED ONLY.
BEHAVIOR + CONDUCT
Those training at SDAB, and/or families/friends thereof, agree to treat all staff, students, families, and our facilities with dignity and respect at all times. Our code of ethics can be found on our website, and we strongly encourage you to review it.
sdab.org > Main Menu > CODE OF CONDUCT
REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE BEHAVIOR + CONDUCT:
The SDAB STUDIOS and CONRAD THEATRE are NOT a playground.
ABSOLUTELY NO RUNNING / HORSEPLAY / SHOUTING / SCREAMING.
Keep voice level low and body energy calm.
Keep your belongings and area tidy.
Keep all hallways clear.
Remind children to clean up after themselves THOROUGHLY.
Do not leave open food, belongings, and activities all over the place. Keep an eye on time and allow enough time to tidy up before your rehearsal/performance time.
ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEOGRAPHY of any rehearsals.